Installing from Live CD Possible?

Guest KC Lavier

Guest KC Lavier

I had thought that I read somewhere that you can install Mandriva One 2007 from the Live CD. My version is called "Metisse Live CD", which I had obtained from madtux.org.

When I boot up, it doesn't show me any options to run the installation to the hard drive. It just boots up from the CD--which runs painfully slow.

I looked all over in the Help and other information. I found the mandriva.com Web site to be...less than helpful. Basic stuff like docs and downloads are available only to "members", which puts me off.

Thank you.

Edited by KC Lavier

Guest KC Lavier

Of course, after I posted this I found the answer to my own question at:

https://mandrivausers.org/index.php?showtopic=39140

So this Metisse CD is a demo and cannot readily be updated? Bummer. I wish that the Mandriva company made that clear. That said, I've run other Linux distros from CD and none of them ran as slowly as the Metisse CD boot.

This begs the question about which free release is readily installable and subject to handling updates?

i do not know what "metisse" is or if this will help.

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/sh...ad.php?t=523494

Thanks Floyd. I had tried to register on that forum earlier this evening, but I was blocked or banned even though I had never previously registered with them.

I have metisse is a usb pen disk installed with the builtin draklive-install script.

Just boot from cd>open console>su(to become root)>run draklive-install and install in a hard drive or usb pen disk.....works very nice with default kernel....

P.S:If the computer does not boot from the pen disk,just run mkrescue to generate a boot.iso then burn the .iso to a cd and you will have a boot cd to start your Mandriva Metisse from the pen drive...

Cheers....