Streaming plugin for firefox

Rama Murthy

hi..

I am not able to open websites lie streambox.tv.. they use microsoft windows media player plugin.. is there any alternative?

I also have another problem

How do i edit startup programs in linux? I mean we have something called msconfig in windows.. when i type this command in run prompt, it opens a window for me and there i can select / unselect programs that start with windows..

how do i do it with linux?

amarock player starts with linux automatically.. i want to disable this..

I am not positive on this but it may be worth a try.

Open Konqueror and click on View at the top and in its menu click on Show Hidden Files.

Make sure that you have opened your account and you should see...... .kde click on it and you will see Autostart click on it and if you see something for Amarok or any other Programs you do not want to be started automatically then just delete them. Do not worry, it will not effect the programs themselves.

Cheers. John.

Edited by AussieJohn

I am not able to open websites lie streambox.tv.. they use microsoft windows media player plugin.. is there any alternative?

If you have not already done so... use the easy-urpmi that is linked at the top of this page and add the plf repositories. Open your gui software installer or use the terminal with urpmi and install:

mplayer1.0-1.pre8.13plf2007.0

win32-codecs-1.8-1plf2007.0

real-codecs-1.2.3plf

mplayerplugin-3.25-2mdv2007.0

I keep my urpmi data base up to date, but when I tried to download the files, I got this message.

# urpmi real-codecs-1.2.3plf

no package named real-codecs-1.2.3plf

I guess I need to find another download site. Mine are: ftp://ftp.mandrivauser.cz/plf/mandriva/20...e/binary/x86_64

ftp://ftp.easynet.fr/plf/mandriva/2007.0/...s/binary/x86_64

ftp://ftp.cica.es/mirrors/Linux/plf/mandr...e/binary/x86_64

ftp://spirit.bentel.sk/mirrors/plf/mandri...s/binary/x86_64

I keep my urpmi data base up to date, but when I tried to download the files, I got this message.

# urpmi real-codecs-1.2.3plf

no package named real-codecs-1.2.3plf

They are in the ftp.easynet.fr/plf/mandriva/2007.0/non-free for 32-bit, but they may not be in the easynet.fr for 64-bit?