Help - media manager will not see dvd

Guest serialdave

Guest serialdave

After install of mandrake power pack 2007 media mangaer would no longer see the dvd that i installed from.

The dvd autoplays and mounts ok I have gone to another system that works and tried adding a new custom media using the same information but no matter what I do it is a no go.

can anyone help me add my dvd of powerpack 2007 back into media manager

Unless you removed them, the media remains in your software sources. It is best to configure your software sources via Easy-Urpmi. (top of the page) The need for the software disks is redundant since everything is available on-line.

If you want the disk there, Configure Your Computer=> Software Management=>Select from where.......

Add custom=> select "removable device" and add the path. You must put the disk in the drive in order for Mandriva to calculate depends.

But, it is best to have plf-free and plf-nonfree in your sources.

Guest serialdave

Right after the initial install media manager would not see the dvd. the dvd was listed there but it just would not see it and would cough out an error about it. I tired removing the entries and readding them just as you said above but it fails when it goes to copy a hardrive list file of some sort form the dvd. I have somewhat of a limited Internet access and would like to use the dvd when adding software that came with the package.

thanks for your help.