No auto shutdown/switch off

Clitheroe

Sorry coverup but your post was while I was editing my post. I was not suggesting doing reinstalls. Didn't you notice that most of what I wrote was contained in inverted commas ? It is a quote from an earlier time.

Your Point about MCC....... is not correct I have used the MCC for 2 1/2 years to select Grub and have never had MCC overide my Grub selection with Lilo.

With respect, if you have had such trouble then you must have been doing something incorrectly.

Cheers. John

Sorry, mate, no hard feelings. I agree, MCC will update whatever bootloader was initially used... I assumed Clitheroe was most likely using lilo for his initial Mandriva install, since lilo used to be the default bootloader for Mandrake/driva.

However, I maintain my point that if things can be fixed easy way, that's the way to go. A direct non-GUI solution is often more transparent and educational than resorting to `heavy artillery' like MCC. Afterall, MCC is a tool which you only find on a Mandrake/driva system, and it is only a frontend to a script editor - not always a good one, let's admit. Not much to learn from it IMHO.

Happy Australia Day Austflagbunting.jpg

Edited by coverup