Error installing

Guest xupal

Ok i have downloaded and burned the mandriva to a cd and when i boot up into live CD it tries to load it but it never does then i press Esc to see what is going on and it keeps coming up this this error like fail to open da/root or something i can try it again to find exactly what it is saying if you need it

welcome to the board!

it sounds like you either got a bad burn or your downloaded file is bad. did you check the md5sums of the files you downloaded? and did you have it verify the burn after it was done? also try burning at a slower speed, usually below 10x is good and doesn't really effect the install speed.

if you don't know how to do md5sums, there is a FAQ in our FAQ's and How-To's section with instructions.

ok i have burned it 2 times i at 40x (clicked next to many times lol) next time it was 12x and they didnt work so i will try some things u said and see if it was a bad download file or if i have to burn it 10x or lower thx

ok i used MD5 Sum generator when it was done and it said md5 hash 523c7b2f2c4dc5ffb2bf7clb3fc23d33 does that mean it is corrupt and i have to re-download it?

Edited by xupal

You need to get the md5sum from the ftp mirror that you downloaded the iso from. Then, check this against the one you have just generated. If it's different, then your iso is corrupt. If they match, then the iso is OK.

the md5sum is in a file on the server, to be a bit more specific. it's just a regular text file, though i can't remember the extension (.asc or .md5, i think) - you can just read it like a regular text file.