wifi config for my Atheros client

Guest fasih

Hello,

I have couple of issues with my mandriva linux 2007 on my fujitsu-c-series laptop

1)I can't run make and cannot find make

2) cannot configure multiple desktops from control center

I have downloaded the driver for my atheros wireless card but i need to compile it but unable to run make.

could somebody help me out with running make and probably getting the package for make..?

thanks,

/fasih

Welcome to MUB,

I guess you will need to install "make" first, see easyurpmi to set up your sources and then go to the console and:

urpmi make

You might need to install some other things as well, like automake and gcc

2) cannot configure multiple desktops from control center

What happens?

edit: ermmm I think you might not even need the driver and that it may be included in the kernel already, did you try to set it up?

Edited by ffi

Thanks for your response.

on console, I did urpmi make gcc and it came back as no package named gcc and make

i have one desktop but when i go to control center and add more desktops nothing gets added and i see only my one desktop. any idea..?

thanks,

/fasih

on console, I did urpmi make gcc and it came back as no package named gcc and make

Did you do add the sources from easyurpmi and did you do urpmi.update -a ? Did you see my edit, I don't have wifi but I think that don't need to compile as your drivers came shipped with the kernel...

i have one desktop but when i go to control center and add more desktops nothing gets added and i see only my one desktop. any idea..?

You need to right click the panel and "add applet to pannel"-> desktop preview and pager

Thanks so much.

before doing urpmi.update -a as you said, i followed the easyurpmi link at the top and added all the sources and then did urpmi.update -a. After that i did urpmi make gcc and it installed all fo them. now i have to figure out how to compile the atheros driver.

I have 2.6.17-5mdvlegacy kernel and it doesn't have the atheros driver

Also, i have the desktop preview and pager and it shows only one desktop. I tried so many times but it doesn't add more.

thanks,

/fasih

Also, i have the desktop preview and pager and it shows only one desktop. I tried so many times but it doesn't add more.

I am on cooker, the not-so stable bleeding edge version of Mandriva and I don't get this anymore but I used to get this with older versions of compiz and/or beryl other then that I don't know.

I have 2.6.17-5mdvlegacy kernel and it doesn't have the atheros driver

It's strange I do have the source code in the repository (madwifi-source-0.9.2-1mdv), in main, so I don't understand why there isnt a working binary alreay. Maybe someone else knows more about this.

Did you go to the control center and set up the card already?