Update Failure

tuxrat

Hi.

I am trying out the 2007 FREE dvd with the intention of losing Windoze. The install went well but it appears that the auto update process may not have worked. I have run the Mandriva Control Centre as root and asked it to download and install the necessary updates of which it found 75. All these downloaded ok verified signatures ok but then I got the following:

There was a probem during the installation: qt3-common = 3.3.6-18mdv2007-0

is needed by (installed)

libqt3.3.3.6 - 18mdv2007.0.i586

I searched for qt3-common ... and it appears to be waiting to be installed but I cannot get it to do so via the Control Centre.

Am I doing the right thing or should I be doing something else? Any help to resolve this issue will be greatly greatly appreciated.

I'm running AMD 64 bit dual processor and using my secondary HD (114gb) if that is of any help.

Thanks.

:huh:

Edited by tuxrat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

How do you mean it's waiting to install qt3-common? Can you run the following commands for me:

rpm -qa | grep qt3

and post the results, so I can see what you've got installed. Also, post the results from this command:

urpmq --list-media

so I can see if you are just using the CD/DVD sources, or if you have configured your easyurpmi sources.

I'm asking for the command-line stuff, rather than GUI, because it makes it much easier for me to see, than screenshots etc, that might miss stuff. And finally, post the contents of /etc/mandriva-release, using this command, so I can see what version of Mandriva you have installed:

cat /etc/mandriva-release

I would do the gui, but unfortunately, it's not as easy to get the information I want, than using the commands I gave you. Do post back soon, let us know, so we can try and get this fixed for you.

Hi and here goes:

rpm -qa:

{I've deleted the output 'cos I got it wrong by not running 'rpm -qa | grep qt3' The list out is a couple of posts further down!!}

urpmq -list media:

Installation DVD

Installation DVD (Main 32)

Update for Madriva Linux 2007.0

cat/etc/mandriva-release:

Madriva Linux release 2007.0 (Official) for x86.64

That's it. I hope it is as required. Many thanks :unsure:

Paul.

Edited by tuxrat

On my keyboard, it's before the 'z'. If you can't find it, just copy and paste the line above. :)

Found it ok using 'Alt Gr' and result is below. (I shall be a Linux wizz kid in another few months - ok ok years!).

lib64avahi-qt3_1-0.6.13-4mdv2007.0

lib64qt3-3.3.6-18mdv2007.0

libavahi-qt3_1-0.6.13-4mdv2007.0

libqt3-devel-3.3.6-18mdv2007.0

qt3-common-3.3.6-18mdv2007.0

libqt3-3.3.6-18mdv2007.0

libavahi-qt3_1-devel-0.6.13-4mdv2007.0

Thanks again.

:D

You should try doing that update again today if you haven't already done so.

Things change very rapidly with updates.

In MCC, when you see the list of updates then deselect the gt3 and related ones and any others that seem uninstallable at the time and install the remainder. Then try to install these others. Doing this often enables the remaining ones to be installed. Don't ask me why it does because I do not know (nor do I really care), I only know that it often works for me, and I have ALL current updates installed and working including gt3.

Cheers. John.