xfce and glib ..

Guest atk8877

Guest atk8877

hello everyone ..

well , i really love MDV 2007 , its my 1st time since mandrak 9 , it s really interesting , but now i have a problem in installing xfce , it telling me i need 2 install Glib first , althaugh i have installed it and reinstalled it .. so what s the big idea .

thanx alot .

Are you compiling from source (possibly via the Os-cillation installer)? All (as far as I know) components of Xfce 4.3.90 (beta 2) are in the contrib repository so can be easily installed via urpmi. You can either (all as root):

• fire up rpmdrake and look for packages containing xfc, xfw and possibly xff in their name -- allows you to select manually
  • urpmi xfce -- pulls in the rest of xfce as a dependancy; I don't use this so haven't checked what exactly it pulss in (and what not)

Alternatively you can install Xfce 4.3.99.2 (Release Candidate 2) from "eslrahc" source (http://www.eslrahc.com/2007.0). This does not conflict with a standard Mandriva 2007.0 install (as far as I have been able to make out; now using it for a week). The main improvements I found are the newer version of Thunar (with trashcan / undelete) and a functioning DateTime panel applet (the package coming with mdv2007.0 is broken -- requires a wrong dependancy). There are obviously more differences, but you'll have to consult the ChangeLog.

Edited by pindakoe