Exicute permission

dalee

I've installed Mozilla 1.3 from the tarball just fine. But I can only get it to run as root. I checked the permissions and it shows that it should be exicutable by my users. I've run it from the terminal to get any errors. This is what I got:

/usr/local/mozilla/mozilla-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libmozjs.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

libmozjs.so is there in the mozilla directory so it should be seen. The permissions look right. So what am I missing?

Thanks,

dalee

/usr/local/mozilla/mozilla-bin: error while loading shared libraries: libmozjs.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

libmozjs.so is there in the mozilla directory so it should be seen. The permissions look right. So what am I missing?

Where is libmozjs.so? And how exactly are you attempting to run it? With a symlink? For example, I have Netscape 7 that is in /usr/local/netscape It is run by

/usr/local/netscape/netscape

which in turn executes /usr/local/netscape/mozilla-bin. But, if I symlink /usr/local/netscape/netscape to say /usr/bin/netscape then it looks for the mozilla-bin in that directory (the directory where the symlink is, so you have to symlink the new /usr/local/mozilla/mozilla-bin there, too)and for the shared libraries in /usr/lib/mozilla (the old default MDK location) and not /usr/local/lib/mozilla where the new ones are.

Thanks Steve,

Sorry it took so long to reply, but I've not had time to do much this week.

I tried to make a symlink, but that failed also. Every thing I could think of didn't work. So I deleted the mozilla directory and reinstalled it. It failed again. So I re-downloaded it. This time everything works great. I must of had a bad download.

Thanks for your help!!

dalee