Bluetooth cell phone and Ubuntu

FX

Ok I got a new cell phone, Fusic, by LG. I have a usb bluetooth dongle for my laptop and the phone finds it fine, but it is asking for a passcode and I have no idea what that would be. Anyone have an idea on what direction should I go?

Is it Sprint?

It will probably be 0000 The user guide or some documentation should have it in there. Look around the bluetooth section and pairing.

Edited by jlc

Thanks jlc. Yes it is Sprint and I did read through the user guide. Nothing in there about what the passcode is. Just says to enter it when asked. I'll do some searhing around.

Try 0000 first as a test, if you haven't. If you can't find it or still have problems. Call Sprint *2 I believe and ask them. If you still have a problem. If you want you can't IM me your number and I can see if I can look it up.

I got it working. The passcode wasn't 0000, as I tried that and others from what I found googling.

I uninstalled bluez-utils and reinstalled and it works fine. Only thing is now I can't find how to send pics from my phone to the pc. It does not have a bluetooth option under "send". Seems as though maybe Sprint only has the option to upload to their online photo album deal. Gonna try the usb cable that came with it and see what happens.

By the way you work for Sprint or something?? :)

Oh yea I did a speed test at dslreports and I got 1148 k/bts down. Is that good?

I got it working. The passcode wasn't 0000, as I tried that and others from what I found googling.

I uninstalled bluez-utils and reinstalled and it works fine. Only thing is now I can't find how to send pics from my phone to the pc. It does not have a bluetooth option under "send". Seems as though maybe Sprint only has the option to upload to their online photo album deal. Gonna try the usb cable that came with it and see what happens.

By the way you work for Sprint or something?? :)

Oh yea I did a speed test at dslreports and I got 1148 k/bts down. Is that good?

Good deal.

Yes I work for Sprint ;)

k/bts or k/bps?

Sorry its kbit. Just ran it again and I got 1099 kbit/sec 0.361s latency.

Cool that you work at Sprint. Next time I have trouble I'll just call *2 and ask to speak to jlc/cybrjackle/justin. :lol2:

:lol2:

You wont find me through *2 ;)