quake 3 new point release 1.32 out now..

johnnyv

• 2 weeks later...
Guest joehill

what's bad about Punkbuster?

not being cheeky, I just haven't played with it on the net yet.

personally, I was getting tired of people who were a little too "lucky" with the Rail... :x

if you don´t have the skill to use the railgun it´s your problem. i hate people that blame others of cheating because they play to good. you need punkbuster etc. in games like counter strike because of the high amount of kiddies playing on the servers, and of client-side-aiming of course.

Guest joehill
if you don´t have the skill to use the railgun it´s your problem. i hate people that blame others of cheating because they play to good. you need punkbuster etc. in games like counter strike because of the high amount of kiddies playing on the servers, and of client-side-aiming of course.

well, that was a mature and measured response. can i get a reply from someone older than 5 years?

Yipidedoo. PR 1.32 doesn't work out of the box for Radeon with Mandrake 9 .[/u]

Do you have 3d drivers installed for your radeon?

typing 'glxgears' in console works?

out of the box? is that free download or bought box?

nvidia drivers aren't supplied in the free download as they are proprietary like radeon i would assume. you have to install them yourself.

Have you got a previous point release to work in the 9.0 version of mandrake?

1.32 runs perfectly fine in my download version of 9.0 after 3d drivers were installed

Guest dinit131

glxgears does work fairly well I assume -5375 frames in 5.0 seconds = 1075.000 FPS

Reflect gives a segmentation fault. Point release 1.31 works. I even reinstalled ontop the same folder as 1.32 and it still does. However, 1.32 does not at all. ID team response team said to upgrade my drivers. I wouldn't mind doing that if I knew how. I have three reference books Running Linux is open to the chapter on building the kernel. Even this far into the book I'm still bewildered.

I downloaded the Mandrake 9 this time. I bought 8.1. glxinfo shows direct rendering. I don't know the first thing about Linux maintenance but I believe my drivers are set up the right way from the initial install.

that is strange if glxgears works and glxinfo say direct rendering is on then it should work fine.

I will have a look tonight at home.

for q3a i just used quake3 as my startup command, for urban terror (q3a mod) i had to specify some arguments to get it to run stablely so i will get back to you on this as i cant remember what they were.

Guest dinit131

Thank you but I might be a lost case. I don't want to waste anyones' time Edit- except for the developers if I can help them a l$ttle.. Here is a link of some others with the problem . I can relay anything over there if something is to come of this and you want to bother. No obligation.

http://www.quake3world.com/ubb/Forum15/HTM...TML/002014.html?

MB: Intel D815EEA

CPU: Celeron FC-PGA 900 MHz 100MHz bus

RAM: Crucial 256MB 168-Pin DIMM 32Mx64 SDRAM PC133 CAS2

My Software info:

DISTRO: Mandrake 9

KERNEL: 2.4.19-16mdk

Libc VER: /lib/libc.so.6 -> libc-2.2.5.so* (Yes, Distro's version)

I use "quake3.exe +set fs_game seals +set vm_game 1 +set vm_cgame 1 +set vm_ui 1 +set sv_pure 1 +set g_gametype 3 +set dedicated 0 +set com_hunkmegs 130 +set com_zonemegs 16 +set com_soundmegs 8" for NS:CO mod (Navy Seals)

Currently unable to play as noted in the threads original author.

:cry:

I downloaded cd 1 , cd 2, and NS:CO (which is around a 300MBs a gargantuan mod) on a 56k. HAHA andI cannot find any servers now. Somehow I felt relieved once the downloading was over. Still I'm not out of the woods yet.