Problems with ISDN controller

Guest Juse

I tried to install my Asuscom ISDNLink - controller, which is connected to ISA -bus. Mandrake's configuration program failed to install it, so I began to investigate further manually. I ran these commands:

pnpdump -c > /etc/isapnp.conf

then I edited that file

isapnp /etc/isapnp.conf

it detects my ISDN properly

modprobe hisax id=HiSax irq=4 io=0x100 type=12 protocol=2

then it fails. Logs say that "getting interrupts failed", or something like that, four times and notices me that installation failed.

Am I doing something wrong? I have tried this with default kernel and with my own. And I have tried many different IRQ:s. Can someone help me? Distribution is Mandrake 9.0 and I did get my ISDN working in Mandrake 8.1 before, but after that my computer has changed much.

that card acording to /usr/src/linux/Documentation/isdn/README.HiSax is supported, and the only parameters you'll need to provide to modprobe are io and irq, both from isapnp. Are the parameters right? did isapnpdump worked right?

this should work with the right values

modprobe hisax type=12 irq=VALUE io=VALUE

I have an asuscom like card (PCI) and instead of type 12 I have to load hisax with type 36. You might look into that variant.

HTH

Parameters are correct, otherwise hisax gives different error.

pnpdump worked right and recognized my card correctly. I tried hisax with settings pnpdump gave, but it didn't work. So I edited isapnp.conf, but any IRQ I have tried just gives same error with hisax.

I don't remember what was the exact error message. I can copy my log here if it helps.

I solved my problem. I simply didn't have free IRQ:s and now I have removed my network card, which wasn't in use. It freed IRQ 9 and I assigned it in isapnp.conf. Now internet connection works perfectly.

Thanks anyway!

ps. Do anyone happen to know any good internet connection monitoring tools? The one which came with mandrake doesn't show connection time.