#$%&$*!!!!! using SSL with fetchmail

Guest SDMF

I have the fetchmail, openssl, and stunnel packages installed, and I followed the directions urpmi spit out at me for creating the stunnel.pem file, but whenever I try to do a test connection to my mailserver, the connection hangs. Am I missing something here? I looked at the mandrakeuser.org tutorials, at http://www.mandrakeuser.org/docs/connect/cmail3.html, and did everything that they said to, and nothing. The pop3s service that the tutorial tells me to create will not start when I do a service xinetd restart, but the server_args pathways are correct for my installation.

i don't know if this will work or not but open up webmin in a browser and look at servers->extended internet services

check that the pop3s service is enabled in the service list.

If the service is there (it should be by default i think just not enabled by default) you should be able to enable it via setting it through webmin.

On my mail server i only have pop3 and imap enabled not pop3s and imaps (i know me bad).

pop3s is not running, as I stated earlier. And I have no idea what webmin is.

I followed the tutorials step for step, except the system-specific locations of certain programs in the server_args statement within the actual pop3s service.

When I try to start it from the MCC it says that since it is an xinetd service, it can only be started via a restart of xinetd. When I do that, nothing happens, the service is still not running.