3D and upper frame of the window [solved]

darek

Hi, you guys are always helpful, another obstacle I encountered.

When I switch to 3D (using XGL) everything works pretty much o'key and it is very convinient one annoying thing though, there are no upper frames of the windows ( the part with minimaze, maximaze and x window).

thanx

D.

Darek I have the same problem also, but it doesn't accur every time, mostly when I login the second time it dissapears. Anyone knows whats wrong? This problem also accurs without xgl and 3d desktop, I also tried mandriva powerpack + and this problem didn't accur with powerpack.

Hi, you guys are always helpful, another obstacle I encountered.

When I switch to 3D (using XGL) everything works pretty much o'key and it is very convinient one annoying thing though, there are no upper frames of the windows ( the part with minimaze, maximaze and x window).

thanx

D.

Do you have quinnstorms package (now called beryl) or vanilla compiz, because it sounds like you have quinnstorms package without the window-decorator running (the packages are called cgwd (now called emerald) and cgwd-themes, you also need to enable window decorations in compiz settings manager (csm, now called beryl-settings))

Follow the following guide to get the latest stuff working:

http://wiki.beryl-project.org/index.php/Install/Mandriva

Edited by ffi

Hi ,

just checked, the problem stopped being random, now it occurs evertime I switch to 3D.

Checked packages, I got: compiz 0.0.13-0.20060817, gset-compiz-0.3.4-5mdv2007.0, they are installed.

I do not have installed: neither compiz-quinnstorm 0.0.13 nor compiz manager 0.13-1mdv2007.

So which ones I need to have and which ones I should uninstall. I don't want to make even bigger mess (I have nvidia card).

Appeciate your help

thanx

Darek

Hi thanks to advice, it worked. I removed compiz and other packages were removed with it. Then I installed cgwd and cgwd-themes, of course the dependencies were installed as well. Now the funny thing is that installing cgwd the "windows decorations" was unchecked by default. I just checked it back and it works

Thank you

D.