Real Player

hirohitosan

I've tried to install Real Player Plugin for Mozilla. I went to www.real.com and download the RealPlayer10GOLD.bin and try to execute but

# ./RealPlayer10GOLD.bin
error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I've checked and I have libstdc++6 installed on my computer :help:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest KCcrusher
I've tried to install Real Player Plugin for Mozilla. I went to www.real.com and download the RealPlayer10GOLD.bin and try to execute but

# ./RealPlayer10GOLD.bin
error while loading shared libraries: libstdc++.so.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I've checked and I have libstdc++6 installed on my computer :help:

I am getting this same error when trying to run Firefox 2.0. I tried urpmi libstdc++5, but I get a message that that package does not exist. I tried to laod it using control center, but libstdc++6 is the only one it shows. I am running Mandrive 2007 if that makes a difference.

I get a message that that package does not exist

I am a Mandriva 2005 user, so I can't verify that the necessary package exists for 2007. When you set up urpmi, did you specify these sources: main, contrib, updates/update_source, plf-free, plf-nonfree.

As a (not as good) option, maybe you can get libstdc++5 here?

http://rpm.pbone.net/

Guest KCcrusher
I get a message that that package does not exist

I am a Mandriva 2005 user, so I can't verify that the necessary package exists for 2007. When you set up urpmi, did you specify these sources: main, contrib, updates/update_source, plf-free, plf-nonfree.

As a (not as good) option, maybe you can get libstdc++5 here?

http://rpm.pbone.net/

I figured it out. While working on another issue, I removed the CD's from the control center and libstdc++5 was on them. Once I made these a source again, I was able to get them installed. Thanks.

Chris

• 2 weeks later...

I just noticed that although I have the RealPlayer, I didn't have any browser plugin for it. So when I pointed Firefox (1.5) at for example the BBC radio streams, it complained that I needed to download RealPlayer (which I already had).

I had the rpm from the real.com site, called RealPlayer10GOLD.rpm, and I had confirmed that this was installed. But when I went to "about:plugins" in Firefox it didn't list RealPlayer.

I found the solution eventually, it was to place symlinks in the /usr/lib/mozilla-firefox-1.5.0.8/plugins/ directory to point to the two files:

/usr/local/RealPlayer/mozilla/nphelix.so
/usr/local/RealPlayer/mozilla/nphelix.so

I did this with "ln -s" but I guess the same could be done by Konqueror etc. Then I restarted Firefox, and sure enough in "about:plugins" it now lists "Helix DNA Plugin: RealPlayer G2 Plug-In Compatible" and the BBC streams work again! :D :thumbs:

I guess I must have done something very similar for 10.1/2005 but can't remember - maybe this post can save a few similar puzzles!