Serious Sam First and Second Encounter updates

DOlson

Now we just need Ravage to do an installer, and we're all set!!! 

Installer for what ?? It is an installer. Man there are a tonn of changes between Beta 2 for SSFE and Beta 3, my settings for my Dedicated Server are wiped. Or at least not in the same place anymore. Does anyone know if these releases mean we can join MS servers now ?

1. I am getting Ghost Client Connections being established on the server, that fill the server up so that no one, or I am unable to join. I have to restart server again to clear up these connections. The connections start after a few hours, but there is no real data being transfered from the clients to the server, the way most normal SSFE servers run.

2. My player and control settings no longer save themselves, and I have to keep changing them back from the defaults again. I can't even get into the control settings anymore, that menu is totally gone now. I beleive this one may be a Mandrake security thing, where it scan all the system files overnight, and changes them to what is sees as secure or proper permissions. I did change the ~/.serious/serioussamMP/ControlData and ../Players back to read and write, but the

settings still won't save now.

I sent an email to the dist list, but my mail is acting up right now, so it might be a few hours before it actually gets anywhere. Cheers.

Okay the ghost connections just started again after 20 mins, this is what I am seeing;

Server: Sent initialization info to '140.112.243.119' (2k)

Sending statedelta response

Server: Sent connection data to '140.112.243.119' (2416k->769k->101k)

Unable to deliver data to client '0.0.0.0', disconnecting.

This what I see with each connection. Then the server is locked out because it is full of these ghost connections.

I am getting an error saying: "Please mount the Serious Sam: The Second Encounter CD-ROM CDROM. Choose Yes to retry, No to cancel.

I already have the Second Encounter disc in the CDROM drive, mounted at /mnt/cdrom.