UT2003 Bonus Pack out

DOlson

It has three new game types, 10 new maps, two new adrenaline combos, new announcer voice options and an in-game music manager.

Download in progress!

NOTE: if anyone here knows how to make a Loki installer for this, ravage - this means you, then I'd love you forever. :)

Loki Installers For Life.

:D Ravage;

How much coding know how does it take to create these installers ? I have been thinking about tinkering around with the installers, but I don't even know where to begin ? I have seen some of the threads on the forum regarding reading material on how to, but before I do so, I was just curious about what I may be getting myself into ? The one I was thinking about, was StrikeForce 1.81 or what ever version they are on now. They have not actually had a real installer since 1.60 or 1.70, and it is has beccome too huge of a MOD for UT, so I was wondering just how much time and work is involved in creating an installer.

How much coding know how does it take to create these installers ?

None. All I have is a build box (modified Redhat 6.0) to create the setup binary. I have most of the Loki games and some other games which use loki_setup and have just looked at them, the sample setup.xml file and read the README.xml file which has everything you need to know about creating an installer.

There's only 4 things to do for StrikeForce:

Get the data and remove the useless stuff - StrikeForce.exe and the splash screen in Help/

Create the Linux ini (Remove D3DDrv, Galaxy, WinDrv and SoftDrv. Add in SDLDrv, SDLGLDrv, Audio, ALAudio and SDLSoftDrv sections)

Create the launch script (use the ut script and change it to this ./ut-bin -ini=StrikeForce.ini -userini=SFUser.ini)

Convert the icon to xpm format for the KDE/Gnome shortcuts.

That's basically what I'm doing for Spatial Fear: Prologue v1.2

I don't think anyone would make any half-life installers because it's not a linux game.

I already have all the data files for SF 1.80 linux, but it is a .zip file which I extract manually, and I beleive "sf" game launcher as well. I will have to check when I get a chance, too much going on right now, will have to wait till the weekend, or Firday night. Thanks for the info, I am actually looking forward to seeing the results.