How to create a shortcut in KDE? [solved]

Pepse

"Complete the details" is my problem. On the "Application" part I put Mozilla, then on the "Description" I have tried numerous supposed ways to link it but nothing seems to work. I can get to Mozilla through a Konsole, but that is all.

Later. Pepse.

Nope. But, before I continue I have Mandriva 2006 Powerpack and of course KDE 3.4. That said I will say this: I right click on the desktop then "create new".....Link to application. Then on the main page I get my Mozilla icon and then (michaelc) in the rectangle box next to the icon I put Firefox? I downloaded Mozilla 1.7.13. Anyway, I then goto the Application page and in the first box (Description) I put in ????, then I skip "Comment"??, then I put what? in the Command box?? Do I put anything in the Workpath?? Do I need to do anything about the "Supported File Types?? And what about the "Advanced" page??

I hope this is a better description of my situation.

Later. Pepse.

In the General tab, just type "Mozilla Firefox".

Then go to the Application tab:

Name = Mozilla Firefox

Command = /usr/local/mozilla/firefox/firefox

Command will be different, depending on where you downloaded and extracted Firefox to. I've used mine as an example as I extracted it to /usr/local/mozilla/firefox and firefox is the program itself, that's why double firefox at the end.

Okay, finally I got the right command. I thank you very much. I did use that command, but with other stuff in front of it. Now just to make myself clearer I installed Mozilla 1.7.13 NOT Firefox. I am, and soon to be WAS, using Firefox. I don't like the seperate connection for Firefox and Thunderbird. I like to access my email on one page not 2. On my whine-doze hdd I have Netscape 7.2. When assisting friends and associates that are smart enough to abandon Internet Exploder I install either Netscape or Mozilla.

Also, this copy of Firefox that came with Mandriva 2006 is buggy as per the security update page. So, instead of upgrading the Firefox I decided to go back to Mozilla for the ease of browser and mailbox on the same page.

Thank you and good evening.

Pepse.