a few mdk q's, present and future

Guest c_m_f

Guest c_m_f

1. has anyone seen the mdkkdm and wish to comment, ive only heard bad things! (screenshots?)

2. when will the icons in mdk improve?

3. what is this zeroconf, how well it work?

4. will 9.2 be around in about 6 months, (if mdk are still here) (ot, will kde 3.2 be around then?)

5. is it possible to get rid of the ugly resize handles in galaxy theme?

6. are the mdk utils (ie mcc) qt or gtk? (i think i read somewhere they are in teh process of a transition from gtk to qt? am i just thinking wrong?)

well, thats the questions, fell free to answer!

1. I prefer the new log-in screen to the old one. Its simple, with few options which is what I want from the log-in. Only complaint would be you can't type in the ser name, you have to clickthe icon, buts just me being fussy.

2. I guess you mean the default icons? I suppose thats a matter of taste, I think 9.1's icons are better than 9.0's. But you can always download your own sets and use them.

3. Good question.

4. There was talk of MDK switching to a longer realse schedule, which I would support. But I haven't heard anythinf official. And yes Mandrake whill still be around, think,positive. (Note Mandrake Download Edition is entirely GPL so even if the company did fold the code would still be avaliable to be developed).

5. In theory. Galaxy is just a theme like any other, so if you know how to make/edit KDE themes then I can't see why you couldn't change it.

6. I think they are GTK.

Guest c_m_f

by the icons i meant the ones used in mcc etc. i assumed they would be gong for something similair to crystal as mdk is a kde centric distro.

Also whats the kmenu like in 9.1? is it kde default organisatio or is it some mdk version? ie 9.0