Installing a Theme? [solved]

michaelc

If you downloaded a tar.gz file, then you need to unpack the file and compile the theme, usually done with

./configure --prefix=/usr

make

make install (as root)

For this, you need to have the necessary compilers and their libraries installed (libqt-devel iirc). Also check the readme file that comes with sourcepackages.

If it is a rpm, simply double click the file for installing.

Can you please give a link to the file you try to install, so we can take a look at the theme package?

Also try to install it directly with the KDE control center. Maybe there is a theme install option. (I am a Gnomer = I am a bit stupid when it comes to KDE. I forgot almost everything about it. :P)

That theme is a KDM theme, not KDE. KDM= Login manager. Open the KDE Control Center. There should be one section for the login manager, where you can install the tar.gz file theme. If it's not there, try the system-settings section from the main menu if there is a separate entry for kdm configuration.

That theme is a KDM theme, not KDE. KDM= Login manager. Open the KDE Control Center. There should be one section for the login manager, where you can install the tar.gz file theme. If it's not there, try the system-settings section from the main menu if there is a separate entry for kdm configuration.

Okay, gotcha.

Now, I've installed another theme, and everything went right, except that the window decorations didn't change!

Edited by michaelc