Using printer on windows box

Guest ump

All I want to do is be ablrwe to use the printer that is attached to a windows machine.

I have Samba installed and cups I have to shareing on on the windows machine but samba can't see the machine I think it might be becuase on Guarddog setup but I am not sure what I need to change to allow it to work with gyuarddog yes before I get a RTFM reply I have and I'm still not sure

Any direction would be helpful

Have you tried to use smbclient? I have had odd problems getting my Windows printer to get set up since 8.2. First: have you used MCC to check Samba mount points? With my problem MCC would not see the Windows box on which I had my printer, but I could see it via smbclinet. I could even print via smbclient. What seemed to clear things up was after all sorts of grief, powering down both machines, booting up the Windows system first, then Linux.

This was a problem with 9.0 from the get go. My Windows system is XP SP1. There are some posts I had on the old board about this.

Post more details. Good luck.

Yes I have used MCC to view mount points MCC sees the Win Box and the my Documents folder but can't see the printer (all this only after I disabled Gaurddog so there are issues there too)

I have never used SMBclient will try that when I get back home going out of town this weekend.

Running MDK 9.0 I have Cups and Sambs Client and Server installed.

Windows networking has been setup and printer is shared. I have cable internet connected to a router that has a direct connection to my linux b ox then i am wireless to the windows box. I am using a netgear router/switch and netgear wireless usb adapter (to the windows box)

I am not getting any errors just not seeing the printer

I will also try your trick of shutting both machines off and bringing windows up first then my linux box.

Thanks for your help so far will try your suggestions and report back on progress I have made