Bootloader failed! (again) [solved]

hakan.d.

Hi,

I'm trying to install mandriva 2006 one..i have two hd..one of them is 120 gb sata, other one is 120 gb ide..

i have windows sp2 on my sata disk and i want to install mandriva on my second hd.

everything seems to normal..i have installed mandriva on my second hd and made bootloader configuration on my second hd..it says my sata is hda and my ide disk hdc..so it installs bootloader on hdc.

but when i restart my system there are no bootloader.none.

so i have tried to fix it with live install..when i'm trying to configure bootloader and upload configuration to mbr it says;

installation of bootloader failed. The following error occured.

: Fatal: Trying to map files from unnamed

device 0x000f (NFS/RAID mirror down?)

i don't realize this error..could anyone have a an idea?

thanks a lot,

hakan.d.

Windows will be on /dev/sda1 most likely, and Mandriva would have been installed to /dev/sdb.

You should be installing the boot loader onto /dev/sda. If you install it to the wrong disk, you'll have problems booting, because the disk the system is configured to boot from is the one with Windows on it. And because of this, it won't read the mbr on the second hard disk.

Unless of course, your second hard disk is ide, then it should be /dev/hda unless it's connected to the secondary ide channel, then /dev/hdc. Either way, the boot loader should be on the sata disk, so when you do the install of Mandriva, make sure at the summary screen to go to the boot loader option, and change it to put it on the /dev/sda device. You will need to reinstall Mandriva to get this to work, it's the quickest and easiest way without trying to hack around in config files.

sorry..my mistake..

my sata is sda,my ide is hdc..

so none of the solutions work for me..i was always getting same error code..

i found solution by myself..problem is my bios..

i have 8npa sli mainboard..i've update the bios..and voila!!

bootloader works :)

problem is sata controller..it marks my boot drive as bios controlled device with 81 id..

thanks all of you for your kindly helps :)

hakan.d.