New prob with Loki Update Tool on 9.1 RC 1

Relic2K

I am no longer able to run the Loki Updater in Mandrake 9.1 RC 1, it just complains about the GTK version and crashes ??? Anyone else having this problem ?

In termal window I get this error:

loki_update

Searching for installed products... done!

Gtk-WARNING **: GModule initialization check failed: Gtk+ version too old (micro mismatch)

When trying to update I get this error:

Performing update

Update: /root/.loki/loki_update/tmp/ut2003lnx_full2126.sh.bin

Unpacking archive

Verifying archive integrity... All good.

Uncompressing Unreal Tournament 2003 for GNU/Linux 2126 patch.....................................................................

./update.sh: line 62: 3421 Segmentation fault loki_patch --verify patch.dat

The program returned an error code (1)

Update failed

As a further note, Mandrake 9.1 is using GTK+2.0, GCC 3.2.2. and I have manually check and rechecked the CDs and made sure every package related to GTK is installed.

hehehehehehehe Ouch, I guess I really am alone on this one. I did submit a bug report to Ryan and the guys to see what feed back I can get from them....this sucks not being able to play my games online. Anyone know of any export command I can use prior to installing the updates, so that it will ignore the version of GTK that Mandrake is using ? I know I have to use

export IGNORE_CC_MISMATCH=true

before I install the NVIDIA drivers.

What I find weird is that the actual setup.sh scripts for the linux games will install without any hitches, but when I go to manually patch the games, then it craps out on me. I even tried downloading the CVS source code for loki_update, loki_setupdb, loki_install, loki_patch, but I can't seem to compile the source code...

Well the reason your alone on this is possibly not many others have tried it in 9.1 i still use 9.0.

on my test box i already had the games installed in the home partition so when i installed 9.1 rc1

there was no need to use any patches. the games work fine btw in 9.1, though i only have quake 3 and unreal tournament installed on that box.

Ravage;

Here is the output of the patch tool when I run it as root;

[root@user download]# ./loki_patch ut2003lnx_full2126.sh.bin /usr/local/games/ut2003

ERROR: The patch file doesn't contain a complete patch header:

# This is the name of the product as listed in the installation registry

Product: product

# This is an optional component name, used for adding or patching add-ons

Component:

# This is the version of the product/component after patching

Version: 1.1

# This is a description of the patch, printed out at patch time

Description: Product 1.0 Update

# This is an optional comma separated list of valid architectures

Architecture: any

# This is an optional comma separated list of valid C library versions

Libc: any

# This is the version of product or component to which the update applies

Applies: 1.0

# This is the name of the update archive on the mirror sites

File: product-1.1.run

# This is a command line run before the patch process

Prepatch: sh pre-patch.sh $PATCH_PRODUCT $PATCH_PATH

# This is a command line run after the patch process

Postpatch: sh post-patch.sh $PATCH_PRODUCT $PATCH_PATH

%LOKI_PATCH 1.0 - Do not remove this line!

I am sure this is due to the new version of GTK/GCC being used in Mandrake 9.1 rc 1. Which is why I tried to download the CVS code and recompile it using the new versions of GCC/GTK, but I didn't have much luck with the code. It turned out to be more complicated than it should have been. It also seemed to have problems compiling.

that is not how you use loki_patch

you have to run the update with --keep

ie. ./ut2003lnx_full2126.sh.bin --keep

cancel the update, cd to ut2003lnx_full2126 or whatever the new directory is called and copy the loki_update binary to bin/Linux/x86/ and then run update.sh

After running ./ut2003lnx_full2126.sh.bin --keep

then going into the directory and running "sh update.sh" I get the following output.

[root@user ut2003lnx-2126-x86]# sh update.sh

update.sh: line 62: 14197 Segmentation fault      (core dumped) loki_patch --verify patch.dat

Any other suggestions ? 2 things I have done so far to try too work around the problem, is that I have downloaded the complete 2199 dedicated server, and the archived 2199 patch for the client. The problem with the client is that when I start up the UT2003 Client, it doesn't seem to recognize that I applied the patch by unpacking the archive to /usr/local/games/ut2003.

I am also using XFS filesystem, could this have anything to do with it Ravage ?

Ravage;

Okay I was able to patch and update Tribes2 after editing the update.sh file. UT2003 errored out saying "no matching delta", but that may have been from manually patching the game using a .tar.gz patch, and just uncompressing the file to /usr/local/games/ut2003 . I can still not actually run the Loki Update tool anymore though, it finally just gets caught in a loop of trying to download it's own update, and trying to install it.

I uninstalled all references of the loki_update tool, then reinstalled the new version which seems to work to a point, I am still seeing a GTK error, when trying to install an update. It still sees UT2003 as not being running the 2199 patch, then tries to download all the patches and install them, which errors out as usual. Is there a file I can edit in UT2003 so that the Loki Update sees it is already running the current 2199 patch ? When I extract the patches, and edit the update.sh script, it is still saying. "ERROR: No matching delta for /usr/local/games/ut2003/updater/update", thanks.