picasa, KDE and postscript files

coverup

I am trying to organise my image collection with picasa. It installed and scanned the home directory, no problems.

Actually, I am looking to using picasa as a cataloging tool, to assist with image search. In this regard, I have two questions

1. Most of my images are in PDF, PS, and EPS format, how can I tell picasa to search for those files as well? I suppose it should be possible since konqueror can show previews of those files.

2. I want picasa to show the full path to the file, to make locating files easier. So far I managed to locate files using Locate on Disk functionality, which starts picasa's own file manager. As suggested, I also tried editing picasa-hook-filemanager.sh.template: I added

konqueror --profile filemanager $1
exit 0

and placed the file to /usr/local/bin. Now clicking Locate on Disk opens the image in the konqueror window. But I want konqueror to open the directory where this image is located and I want konqueror to highlight/select the file. Is this possible at all?

Something like beagle may be better suited for this type of thing. I believe there is a beagle front end for kde called Kerry but I've no experience in trying to get it to work.

Installed beagle from urpmi repos, version 0.0.1. It's so outdated, it attempts to start evolution 1.5 whereas MDK 10.1 already shipped evo 2.0, etc. Is it possible to configure its application suit, so that it starts right applications?

Tried to upgrade it to a later version, but then it's a usual Gnome story - to install a piece of software I need to upgrade the entire system... haha.