Usb card reader

dalee

Hi,

I just purchased a usb mediacard reader for my digital camera. Mandrake (9.0) picks up the device just fine, but I can't get any pictures to download off of it. Even as root. I've tried both Digikam and gPhoto.

I've set the path in digikam to /mnt/camera, purhaps this is not correct? gPhoto dosen't seem to give me an option to setup a usb mass storage device.

This is the line out of my fstab for the cardreader if it helps,

/dev/sda1 /mnt/removable auto user,iocharset=iso8859-1,kudzu,codepage=850,noauto,exec 0 0

Any ideas are welcome.

Thank You Much,

dalee

Are you able to mount the device manually ? Try that as root (the camera must be pluged of course !)

mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt/camera

Can you post the output of the following commands if the above doesn't work plz ?

cat /proc/bus/usb/devices

lsmod

Does /dev/scsi/hostX/busX/targetX/lunX/part and/or /dev/sdaX exist ? .. X is an integer starting from 1.

MOTtS

Thanks MottS,

My bad, I forgot to try and manually mount it. I think what confused me was, I created mnt/camera, but when I looked in /mnt there was an entry for /mnt/removable. So I just thought that everything was just fine and mounted already.

Thanks VERY much!!

dalee