Crashing application sounds [Solved]

crazypig

Could anyone tell me how to affect the sounds on my machine. I use Gnome 2.10 (on Mandriva 2006)but I use some KDE applications and I think the sound is a standard KDE one. I suppose I'd like to be able to change all the sounds but the only one that really bugs me is the KDE crash when something doesn?€™t work. It sounds like breaking glass. that?€™s the last thing I want to hear when an application crashes! Thanks.

Edited by crazypig

all the sounds are in /usr/share/sounds, you could just exchange the files there with your own, other way would be to open KDE Control Center (type kcontrol in a console) and go to sounds and change them

and you are right kde-apps use kde-sounds even if they are used within gnome

(I personally just like the crashing glass sound though; while I dont like crashing applications :P )

all the sounds are in /usr/share/sounds, you could just exchange the files there with your own, other way would be to open KDE Control Center (type kcontrol in a console) and go to sounds and change them

and you are right kde-apps use kde-sounds even if they are used within gnome

(I personally just like the crashing glass sound though; while I dont like crashing applications :P )

That's great, I've turned off my KDE sounds (after realising that I had to apply the changes). It know the breaking glass sound is quite a cool sound but it makes me jump – its as if it is taunting me!

Thanks.

:thumbs:

Check esd. Type

ALT+F2

esd

press Enter

......Lex

I couldn’t get esd to work. although it didn’t come up as not found but I couldn’t see anything happen. no problem though, I've solved the problem the other way. I’ll have a look at esd sometime though to try and learn something. Thanks anyway. :thumbs: