acidrip [solved]

oldnoob

When I am using acidrip to create an .avi with xvid codec, I get a error message as soon as I click the start button:

"Mencoder interupted by user"

At the end of the output log I get an odd message:

MEncoder dev-CVS-051220-04:08-4.0.1 © 2000-2005 MPlayer Team

CPU: Intel Pentium 4/Celeron D Prescott; Pentium D/XE Smithfield; Xeon Nocona,Irwindale (Family: 15, Stepping: 3)

CPUflags: Type: 15 MMX: 1 MMX2: 1 3DNow: 0 3DNow2: 0 SSE: 1 SSE2: 1

Compiled with runtime CPU detection - WARNING - this is not optimal!

To get best performance, recompile MPlayer with --disable-runtime-cpudetection.

89 audio & 203 video codecs

Option xvidencopts: Unknown suboption

Exiting... (error parsing cmdline)

AcidRip message - Clearing 2 remaining playlist items

AcidRip message - Mencoder interrupted by user

I have uninstalled and reinstalled mencoder. mplayer and acidrip, but no difference

All worked fine in mdk 10.1

Look in your qeue tab, there will be a line similar to:

mencoder dvd://13 -dvd-device /dev/dvd -alang English -info srcform="DVD ripped by acidrip.sf.net" -oac mp3lame -lameopts abr:br=128 -ovc xvid -xvidencopts :bitrate=1004 -vf pp=de,crop=0:0:0:0,scale=480:-2 -o "/my/path/movie.avi"

specifics may vary...anyways, copy that line and change:

:bitrate=1004

to:

bitrate=1004

That is, remove the :.

I found this solution here, it seems to be a bug in acidrip.

I noticed that I cant change that line in the queue tab and the link you pasted mentioned you have to do it in a terminal.

I am not sure as how to do this, do I have to navigate somewhere first to change this line? And I would assume that I would have to do this every time!

Also, is this line anything to worry about:

Finally, is there possibly an older verion of acidrip (I am using 0.14-2) as I didnt have this problem when I was using 10.1

Thanks

I noticed that I cant change that line in the queue tab and the link you pasted mentioned you have to do it in a terminal.

I am not sure as how to do this, do I have to navigate somewhere first to change this line?

A terminal is also known as a console. You should have a program called konsole (if you're using KDE - the default) or gnome-terminal (if you're using GNOME) that will give you a terminal. You can then copy the line with ctrl+c to copy and ctrl+v to paste it into the terminal. Or you could right click copy and right click paste. Or highlight it and use the middle mouse button to paste. Once you've pasted it just use your arrow keys to move the cursor to the : and delete it.
And I would assume that I would have to do this every time!
Yes
Also, is this line anything to worry about:

It's only a warning so it shouldn't cause any problems.
Finally, is there possibly an older verion of acidrip (I am using 0.14-2) as I didnt have this problem when I was using 10.1
Well, yes and no. There is, but you'd have to compile it from source - and I promise that's more of a pain in the arse than copy and pasting the line ;)

Sorry tyme, reading back I realised I didn't explain myself very clear. What I meant when I said "do I have to navigate somewhere first to change this line?" I meant do I have to cd to a certain directory first, cause when I was pasting into the terminal, the error I was getting in the output log of acidrip was coming up straight away in the terminal. Afterwards I realised my mistake, in acidrip I always do it in two passes, so I was actually pasting in two lines and there was a return at the end of the first line which was executing the first command before I could do anything else. Anyway you have solved my problem.

Thanks again

Sorry tyme, reading back I realised I didn't explain myself very clear. What I meant when I said "do I have to navigate somewhere first to change this line?" I meant do I have to cd to a certain directory first, cause when I was pasting into the terminal, the error I was getting in the output log of acidrip was coming up straight away in the terminal. Afterwards I realised my mistake, in acidrip I always do it in two passes, so I was actually pasting in two lines and there was a return at the end of the first line which was executing the first command before I could do anything else. Anyway you have solved my problem.

Thanks again

ah, ok, good :thumbs: sorry i misunderstood ;)