WinDVB And Booting

Guest Om@r

I have a winDVB Card Twinhan ,

the card works probably on Windows , but in mandriva (And all linux distros) when i start The system , the boot process stops completely . when i remove the WinDVB Card , the boot process don't stop .

i am not asking how to make The Card Work on Linux but i am asking how to enter the system without removing the card ?

In Some Distros , Developers told me to Add this parameter "nodiscover" in grub before booting but it didn't work ,so they told me to add the linux driver name on the black list but i dont know its linux name ..

please help me to enter mandriva linux without removing the card ..

is there any parameter (in Lilo loader) , or how to use the black list and what is the driver name . or how to stop any auto hard ware detection during the boot process and then install the other hardware manually ?

welcome to the board!

Do you have PnP Aware OS turned on in your BIOS? If so, try turning it off and see if that helps any. If it doesn't, let us know and we'll look more into it ;)