Mandrake 10.1 - nmap problem

Guest MacGyver

Guest MacGyver

Hi.

I'm trying to get nmap to work in MandrakeLinux in command prompt. I installed from .rpm and it is recognized as being installed. I'm not having any other problems with Mandrake right now. I downloaded and installed nmap twice so corruption is not probable. Please help me solve this problem and get nmap to work.

This is the problem im having:

Starting Nmap 4.03 ( http://www.insecure.org/nmap/ ) at 2006-06-05 13:38 EDT

Illegal instruction

Thank you.

[moved from Software by spinynorman]

Be certain that you have installed the correct version for Mandrake 10.1. That would be my first guess. Also the software should not install twice. Have you inadvertantly installed different versions? Please check that as well.

Guest MacGyver

Thanks for the help so far.

I removed it completely via the software removal tool and then installed it again. I tried this a few times, but I still get the same error. The only thing I would guess would be maybe the incorrect version, like you said, but when I download it from the website it says .rpm format version 4.03 (Lists distributions, including Mandrake), and I download and install. I have tried installing both from the GUI and from the command-line, and it installs fine.

Another thing I noticed is that is says i386 in the filename. What is this, and does it make a difference?

This is where I'm getting it from: http://www.insecure.org/nmap/download.html

I have been trying to solve this problem for 4 days and I tried the things above. Please keep the suggestions coming.

There are two parts to this program: the program itself and the GUI. (called frontend) You need to install the program first and then the frontend, both rpm's. Are you doing that?