windows player needed

bonebags

everytime i go on the internet and i try to open any videos on the sites i use im told theres no plugin available ( i presume its mainly windows media player files )/ is there a media player available for mandriva 2006 . ive tried kaffine but that wont open them

Erm, urpmi should already be installed, do you mean setting up the sources? You can use the following link, just follow the instructions:

http://www.mandrivausers.org/easyurpmi/index.php

edit: be sure to tick: Use compressed index, much smaller than normal, with less informations as this will save an about 100MB download each time you check your sources.

Edited by ffi

urpmi mplayerplugin

from a terminal as root should do the trick for installing everything you need, except maybe the codecs...

urpmi xine-win32 win32-codecs avifile-win32

for the codecs

Edited by ffi

I've never installed avifile-win32. Only xine-win32 and win32-codecs. Oh, and mplayerplugin for the browser to play movies in webpages.

I'd be interested to know what's in avifile-win32 though, so might have to check this out :P