SB live 24bit

Guest sthompson102

Guest sthompson102

I have a SB live 24bit card on mandriva 2006. My sound works right after installation but was just wondering on how i could get it to play sound over all my speakers. Im not intrested in surround sound just for my mp3's to play over all the speakers.

Guest sthompson102

ive tried it but it doesnt even show my rear channels ive tried diff drivers .asoundrc file everything but only 2 speaker put out sound.

you know, i went through this exact same thing to only find out that my speakers had gone bad...but that may not be your problem.

have you tried running alsamixer from a terminal (i.e. konsole)? sometimes that gives more options that a GUI volume controller.

well support for the sb live's is very good and i can't think of any reason, driver or system wise (if you've checked all volumes - to include ones named oddly) that you wouldn't be getting sound out of the back to speakers. what driver are you using? have you tested these speakers on another system, perhaps? are they plugged in correctly to the card? what kind of speakers are they?

Guest sthompson102

well i got them work by accident in amorok some how so im happy thanks but now my sound when um running flash isnt working nomore if u have ever been on myspace im talking about the music.