Surly RPM Software

eyeh8windows

Yet another weird thing happens to my poor computer. I am beginning to think my computer has gremlins :lol2:

The RPM manager that comes with Mandriva 2006 is the culprit this time, I suspect.

When I add an update source it can't connect, it gives me an error box telling me to try to enable the source. Of course it was right, the source was disabled so I clicked the checkbox, hit ok then proceeded to go back to the updates but again-can't use the source because it is disabled!

I tried (1) many other sources and (2) verified that I have an active and usable internet connection, then after issuing a veiled threat to my computer about how easy it would be to get to a nearby lake, I decided to hop back online and consult the wise and all knowing Linux Gurus again!

Edited by eyeh8windows

The sources which you are choosing are either not accessible or are misconfigured. That is why they are getting disabled. Are you using the Easy-Urpmi link at the top of our page? It would be the best way to do it.

The sources which you are choosing are either not accessible or are misconfigured. That is why they are getting disabled. Are you using the Easy-Urpmi link at the top of our page? It would be the best way to do it.

Well I wasn't (didn't notice untill just now :D ) but I will be when I get back to that computer!

Thanks for the quick reply Ixthusdan.

Edited by eyeh8windows