downloading i586 2006 DVD image to MAC computer

superpenguin79

Hello folks,

having some trouble downloading the i586 dvd iso image on a mac for some reason. I have tried downloading through browsers, a couple of mac based FTP apps, and nothing seems to cooperate. It errors out at the end of the download and says "a network connection error has occured" which pops up in the Mac download manager. The FTP's just simply timed out... I have also tried from 3 different FTP mirrors at different times of the day... :wall: Worst case scenerio I could always move a tower to connect it hard wired into the LAN and download in XP, but I would like to use the Mac so I do not have to move a million things if possible.... :D

outside of downloading the image, are there any good bets at getting hold of a free copy of the dvd that you all might suggest? Thanks

Edited by superpenguin79

I have tried downloading through browsers, a couple of mac based FTP apps, and nothing seems to cooperate. It errors out at the end of the download and says "a network connection error has occured" which pops up in the Mac download manager.

Don't use a browser to download large iso images. For your FTP apps, I wonder if they have the resume functionality. If they do, you just resume the download.

J.T.