9.1 RC1

shoegoo

Guest CloakedPenguin
, like sending gkrellm to all desktops...

I have yet to have this problem. I can send it to all the desktops. KDE just freezes on me non-stop.

To each their own.

Do you use metacity?

Did you read what other settings I require (yes, it's my machine, I'm entitled to require certain things that I know are possible.. :) ), namely:

"focus follows mouse; click: makes active and passes click -- doesn't raise window"?

I just can't set this up in gnome with metacity, and all people do is tell me to use sawfish, which I have, but which then doesn't allow me to put window-frameless progs like gkrellm and xmms on all or other desktops since you have to rightclick the border/frame to get the menu to do so... and rightclicking on the taskbar entry doesn't give me that menu.

So yes, I can send stuff to other desktops with the normal wm (metacity) which doesn't allow me to have the window behaviour I like.

So bottomline, I have to fiddle and still don't get gnome to do what I want, and kde does it right away (5clicks).... and I really used to use gnome all the time... loved it, until they took away my preferred setting...

So if anyone gets the behaviour out of gnome that I describe, without too much fuzz, post it here!

Guest CloakedPenguin

I've never used MetaCity before. In fact it's not installed.

I just simply use the gnome control panel to configure, and us the right mouse button for other features.

Guest CloakedPenguin

I haven't got a clue. You need to ask someone that understands this better than I.

I only know that I search for metacity in the RPMDRAKE and it comes up as an installable feature.

If I search for say "FrozenBubble" it doesn't come up because that is installed.

You've got me on this one. I'm not that techie. I'm more of an operator than a programer (I tried learning programming and gave up!)

Guest megalex
Hardware raid on HPT370 still not working right..

software raid fails..

they did fix the usb mouse issue in the installer though..

and they said that they fixed the software raid on cooker.

still missing: HPT370 Raid..

Have you reported the bugs?https://qa.mandrakesoft.com

yup.. all reported.. they are working on em :)