problems with nvidia geforce go 6600

Smartistic

I am having graphic crashes. I configured my geforce go 6600 while installing mandriva on my laptop but i am having terrible crashes.Someone suggested that i use closed source drivers I he means drivers from nvidia itsef then NVIDIA has no linux drivers for geforce go 6600. Please help. System crahses every 15 to 30 minutes i get funny colors then i have to reboot. thank you.

After you installed, have you applied all updates to the system? If not, I suggest that you do.

Can be found in System/Configuration/Packaging/MandrivaUpdates.

Then choose a mirror to connect to, and then make sure you apply all Normal/Security/Bug Fixes updates. Reboot, and see if it helps.

Just to explain, the reason why is that the default Mandriva 2006 install comes with a pre-release of xorg, and this could be why you're experiencing these problems.

I have an nvidia geforce 420 go in my laptop, and it doesn't have any drivers that support it directly from nvidia. Therefore, all I can do is use the ones that are their within Mandriva natively.

The updates, will put you into an official release, and hopefully get rid of the problems.