ATI Remote Wonder from HD-TV Wonder

flarefox

I have tried this several times with different drivers. Here's the general problem: I have the ATI Remote Wonder that comes with the ATI HD-TV Wonder and I'm trying to use it first. I want to make the remote work with my first mythtv card before I do anything else. It's a usb remote so it isn't dependant on the HD-TV Wonder to function. I found lots of documentation on it on the net but nothing works. There's also documentation on getting the ati remote to work, but none of it works for me. I'm using mandriva 06. I have tried compiling lirc with the X10 I & II and also with just X10. X10 doesn't even load but that seems to be what I most likely have. The X10 1 & 2 loads but there is no /dev/lirc, only /dev/lircd= and that doesn't have anything to input from.... What am I doing wrong? Do I need to have some special settings for this to work? I didn't understand why it won't work with the rpm either. It's been in lirc for a while... Can anyone point me in the right direction? I'm not very experienced with lirc. :wall:

lirc_dev: IR Remote Control driver registered, at major 61

lirc_atiusb: USB remote driver for LIRC v0.5

lirc_atiusb: Paul Miller <pmiller9@users.sourceforge.net>

usbcore: registered new driver lirc_atiusb

lirc-0.8.0]# mode2

mode2: error opening /dev/lirc

mode2: No such device

lirc-0.8.0]#

I have the hauppauge 250 card installed as well, but I don't have the remote around for that anymore. I'd rather just use the ati remote wonder anyway since it's an RF remote. I can get lirc_dev and lirc_atiusb to load and it sees them and creates the devices but they aren't pointing to anything useable. Is there a way to just force it to use only the device I want? lsmod gives me this:

usbcore 108156 10 lirc_atiusb,ati_remote,usb_storage,usbkbd,xpad,usbmouse,usbhid,ehci_hcd,ohci_hcd

I eventually want to run the HD-TV Wonder and the pvr 250 at the same time since I have heard they work ok together. lsusb gives me nothing. I hope that's enough information to give you guys more to work from than I have.

Edited by flarefox

That was the first thing I tried. It never works. It keeps on saying:

[root vlc-0.8.1]# /etc/init.d/lircd restart

Stopping Linux Infrared Remote Control daemon: [ OK ]

Starting Linux Infrared Remote Control daemon: [ OK ]

[root vlc-0.8.1]# mode2

mode2: error opening /dev/lirc

mode2: No such file or directory

The device is there. The /dev/lirc is there, but not. I don't know how to do this if it doesn't even see the device....I mean, it is seen in lsmod and the hardware shows up in dmesg when I do it manually....but nothing happens.