How do I install rpms I get from the web?

Guest dem0n

How do i do this? I alread know how to get the ones using the mandriva service. Im using 10.1

And btw when i double click it it asks me to install i hit yes asks if i agree i hit ok then quickly says initializing and crashes.

It would help a lot if you told us what you're trying to install and where you got it. If you're trying to install generic rpms from somewhere like Mozilla.org or OpenOffice.org you follow the instructions on their website. If you have trouble, post back here with what you're trying to install and any error messages you get.

Otherwise, unless you have some experience with Linux and installing rpms in particular, (and no offense, but you don't seem to) you should stay with installing rpms compiled for you distro and particular version of that distro. You can't just download rpms that might be intended for anything and install them on anything. Think similar to installing Win98 software on XP or XP software on Win98. Usually you can't - don't even try - unless the instructions *say* it's for Win 98 or for WinXP, do you? Well, just like Windoze, you need software intended for the OS version you are installing it on.