aumix doesn't adjust bass/treble

Guest SDMF

When I adjust the bass and treble bars on aumix, it doesn't change anything. I am using an SB Live! 5.1+MP3, and the emu10k1 driver. I recently installed the ALSA packages to try it out, but I can't get it to run ALSA on boot. I configured it to run on boot in System->Services in the MCC, but that didn't work, it keeps reverting when I reboot.

Guest LilSatchMo

I just did the make make make install make-tools, , etc and aumix is working great with the tone comtrols, ,here's my modules.conf, , make sure you have the

post-install emu10k1 /usr/local/etc/emu-script

alias sound emu10k1

alias sound-slot-0 snd-emu10k1

and of course make sure the emu-script is [ -f ]

have phun

OK, I altered my modules.conf, changing the lines dealing with my sound card to the ones suggested by LilSatchMo. Again, no change. I opened up a terminal, and tried running /usr/local/etc/emu-script from the terminal, and I got an error saying:

SOUND_MIXER_PRIVATE3: You're probably using an older incompatible driver: Input/output error

I got the emu10k1 drivers from sourceforge a couple days ago, I seriously doubt they are too old.

I FINALLY got the tone controls to work. I took a look in the MCC hardware list at my soundcard, and it wasn't using the EMU10K1 driver. It said it was using the Audigy driver, and I don't even have an Audigy card. I changed the driver to EMU10K1, and then I got the bass/treble controls to work.

Only thing is, now that it's working, ALSA will not load. In addition, when I look at the progress while the computer is booting into linux, the line that says something like "Loading sound module (emu10k1)" appears twice. I'm not concerned with ALSA not loading, as long as I get bass/treble through plain-old OSS. But, is there some reason that the sound module thing is coming up twice? Could it cause any problems?