Internet Connection Sharing (Mandriva to Mandriva)

Guest DownloadTHIS

Guest DownloadTHIS

I am sharing an internet connection as follows: Wireless router 1 -> Mandriva 2006 Box 1 -> Router -> Mandriva 2006 Box 2. I have this set up, and I can get online on Box 1, and on Box 2 a connection appears to be working, but when I try to load a page it says it "could not be found". What's up with that, and what can I do about it?

Why 2 routers? Would a hub or switch between the computers perhaps be more suitable, as PC1 is in effect a router if you are sharing its connection.

What is your IP addressing scheme - if there is a router between the PCs, the IP addresses should be on different subnets (assuming you are actually routing, and the PCs are not just plugged into the switch ports on the router - then they should be in the same subnet.)

Need the output of route -n too please, for both machines, as the gateway on PC2 should point to the router. Router gateway should point to PC1.

Can you ping/browse a website by IP address? (66.249.93.99 should get you Google)

Have you checked the Internet connection sharing howto?