lmsensors

An article I read on Distrowatch suggested that lmsensors is included with mandrake 9. Does that mean it should work out the box if I just install the rpm? I read the manual for it and it seemed to me that it needs other components such as i2c which seem complicated to install.

Anyone has experience installing lmsensors on their box?

Thanks guys

It depends which kind of sensors you have on your mobo. Some really new boxes with too recent chipsets are not recognized by the config script and lmsensor doesn't work. I suggest you to go on the lmsensor web page and check there if your sensors are supported before installing it.

It works great on my system (mobo = ga-71xe4, duron 1300). I just installed the rpm, run the config script (sensors-detect) and restart my computer. By typing 'sensors' I get my cpu temp, fan speed, voltages.. etc. The config script is a bit complicated though… just press 'enter' to every questions. That should write decent config files (that worked for me).

Check on the forum as many people ask questions about lmsensor.

BTW, i2c is a module for the kernel.. this is there by default on the MDK kernel. Don't worry about this.

Ciow

MOttS

I got it working 8)

In fact I just needed to run sensors-detect and answer the questions, add a few lines to some config scripts as suggested by the program and that's all.

I had to make some adjustments on the CPU temperature reading in Gkrellm though. For some reason it is twice the actual value (I hope) otherwise my CPU is constantly running at 110C ;)

BTW my mobo is Asus A7V KT133.

Thanks for the help.

• 2 weeks later...