KDE screensaver no longer works

coverup

The KDE screensaver no longer works for me. It has been working fine until few days ago I had some problems with KDE notifications, which I fixed. The screensaver application krozat.kss no longer appears in the list of running applications. The boxes "start screen saver automatically" and "power managment aware" are checked, but the screensaver fails to start. Please any suggestions?

It also happens here, under KDE 3.5.0, IF xscreensaver is installed.

Without xscreensaver in, it works fine...

My remedy with xcreensaver installed was calling that program, which popped up a message that the screensaver daemon isn't running, and if it should be activated.

Answering "yes" made the KDE screensaver work, but this lasted for the current KDE session only.

It's KDE 3.2. I have gnome-daemon-settings running. When called, it starts xscreensaver (though it is disabled in Gnome settings). What puzzles me that I had the box running this way from day one, and everything was fine until I messed up with the KDE audio server...

I could easily live without gnome-daemon-settings, only thing it does is adjusts the font size for gtk apps such as evolution and firefox. Will try to kill xcreensaver and see what happens

Anyway, which program do I need to call to fix it as you mentioned?