Sagem F@st 800 E2T modem

Guest cheltor

Guest cheltor

Hi Folks

Just installed Mandrake Linux 10.1 then down loaded the tar file for the drivers from Sagem for this modem extracted then but when I do a 'MAKE' I get several pages of errors, anyone with any experience at getting this ISDN modem working, (I am a UK Tiscali ISP user) I am a novice with 'make'

The following is the beginning of the error log :-

make -C driver && \

make -C pppoa && \

make -C utils/scripts && \

make -C utils/eagleconnect && \

make -C doc

make[1]: Entering directory `/tmp/eagle-usb/eagle-usb-src/driver'

if test ! -f .depend ; then make dep ; exit 0 ; fi

cc -DLINUX -D__KERNEL__ -DMODULE -I/usr/src/linux/include '-DEAGLEUSBVERSION="1.9.9"' -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fomit-frame-pointer -fno-strict-aliasing -pipe -mpreferred-stack-boundary=2 -O2 -c -o eu_main.o eu_main.c

In file included from Adiutil.h:29,

from eu_main.c:34:

/usr/include/linux/version.h:2:2: #error "======================================================="

/usr/include/linux/version.h:3:2: #error "You should not include /usr/include/{linux,asm}/ header"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:4:2: #error "files directly for the compilation of kernel modules."

/usr/include/linux/version.h:5:2: #error ""

/usr/include/linux/version.h:6:2: #error "glibc now uses kernel header files from a well-defined"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:7:2: #error "working kernel version (as recommended by Linus Torvalds)"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:8:2: #error "These files are glibc internal and may not match the"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:9:2: #error "currently running kernel. They should only be"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:10:2: #error "included via other system header files - user space"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:11:2: #error "programs should not directly include <linux/*.h> or"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:12:2: #error "<asm/*.h> as well."

/usr/include/linux/version.h:13:2: #error ""

/usr/include/linux/version.h:14:2: #error "To build kernel modules please do the following:"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:15:2: #error ""

/usr/include/linux/version.h:16:2: #error " o Have the kernel sources installed"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:17:2: #error ""

/usr/include/linux/version.h:18:2: #error " o Make sure that the symbolic link"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:19:2: #error " /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build exists and points to"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:20:2: #error " the matching kernel source directory"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:21:2: #error ""

/usr/include/linux/version.h:22:2: #error " o Now copy /boot/vmlinuz.version.h to"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:23:2: #error " /lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/include/linux/version.h"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:24:2: #error ""

/usr/include/linux/version.h:25:2: #error " o When compiling, make sure to use the following"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:26:2: #error " compiler option to use the correct include files:"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:27:2: #error ""

/usr/include/linux/version.h:28:2: #error " -I/lib/modules/`uname -r`/build/include"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:29:2: #error ""

/usr/include/linux/version.h:30:2: #error " instead of"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:31:2: #error ""

/usr/include/linux/version.h:32:2: #error " -I/usr/include/linux"

/usr/include/linux/version.h:33:2: #error ""

/usr/include/linux/version.h:34:2: #error " Please adjust the Makefile accordingly."

/usr/include/linux/version.h:35:2: #error "======================================================="

Edited by cheltor