FIreGL Problems

AcuraRBKG6

Hey guys. FIrst of all, I think this is a wonderful forum and community, and is probably what inspired me to use Mandy as the only operating system on my laptop.

However, I am running into some serious problems, most of which are coming from my FireGL V5000 card. I installed all of the drivers as per the *.run installer (I couldn't use a RPM because Mandy 2006 uses X.Org 6.9, and the RPMs go as high as X.Org 6.8), and then used fglrxconfig to configure my dual-head and display settings.

Upon reboot, glxgears reports really low fps (150 - 170 fps), and fgl_glxgears doesn't even run because OpenGL is missing. When I did the grep, it showed that it was using MESA GLX and that there was no direct rendering. So, I got the libraries for MESA, but that didn't solve the OpenGL problem.

Of course, because of that, I can't play MPGs or WMVs (exits to command-line with a signal 11), nor can I play any games without supreme lag (like TuxRacer).

I love Linux, and I would really hate to switch back to Windows. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks in advance! :help:

--C