Openoffice 2.0.1 Install

Kowash

Hi

Still feel like a newbie, especially after upgrading some of the old stuff. :cheesy:

I downloaded Openoffice 2.0.1 from openoffice.org site, followed the instructions (also installed java jre1.5.0_05 - tested and it is running smooth) The install worked wonderfully, or so i thought. I installed it from my root/tmp folder. It said installed after i completed all the instructions.

Now, for some reason I can only see the Openoffice 1.1.4 version on my menu -bar.

I restarted the session, but it does not change a thing.

What should I do?

Kowash

Have you installed the KDE/Gnome menu-integration packages? If not, you need to manually edit the path the Ooo executables, using e.g. Menudrake.

Thanx

Ok, just one question. how do i know where it was installed???

Sorry, I know it sounds stupid, but I really don know. I have looked and I can find it.

Thanx for the quick response

Kowash

Have you installed the KDE/Gnome menu-integration packages? If not, you need to manually edit the path the Ooo executables, using e.g. Menudrake.

btw

I don think I installed the gnome thingies. :)

I checked in rpmdrake and it does not seem so.

I installed it now, so I will be organized in the future. Thanx

kowash

Ok, just one question. how do i know where it was installed???
The binaries are located in the /usr/bin folder. There should be at least a symlink for /usr/bin/oowriter1.9 (or oowriter2.0 or how they call the file). You should use that path for Menudrake. :)

Look for the mandrake menu package inside SRPMS/linux-menu/mandrake-menu....rpm

Also the ooo folder is installed under the /opt/ folder.

Thanx, Jza

Seems like there is not a lot of people clued up with this problem.

One of a kind ! :thumbs:

One problem. Your going to fast for me. Still a newbie ok, and not too brite as well.

What do you mean in the first line.

What is What is SRPMS. The closest relation I have to it is the RPMS in the Open office folder.

Open office is installed in the opt folder. I am going to try and create the shortcut with menudrake meanwhile. hope i don´t do more damage than good.

Thanx anyway and btw happy new year to you all.

Kowash

In the Openoffice package you downloaded from their site, there is a subfolder included. This is where the menu-integration for Mandriva is "hidden". Once you unpack the file, the sub-folder should be visible, as well as the rpm for menu-integration.