Mozilla/firefox fields trouble

javaguy

When I use Mozilla or Firefox, sometimes form fields are much smaller than the text they contain, and I can only see the very tops of the letters. It does this with buttons too--sometimes, for example, I'll get a submit button that is only a fraction as tall as it needs to be (though no problems with its length, just its height), and I can see just barely enough of the tops of the letters to figure out that it says "submit" (or whatever). Is this a configuration issue, and what can I do about it?

I sometimes have this problem. I've found it mostly to do with the fonts set in Gnome, even if using KDE. Reason, I think Firefox is GTK based, and therefore, the font sizes are controlled by gnome-font-properties, or you can run gnome-control-center to set the appropriate sizes.

Then symlink it in ~/.kde/Autostart so that it points to gnome-settings-daemon so that the settings load each time kde starts.