printing .tiff document causes network freakout

Trio3b

Running MDV 2005LE. Not sure about where to post but this seems to initiate when I print. I have never had this problem with this PC or printer before.

2 PCs (MDV 2005LE to MDV 2005LE) thru hub. Samsung laser printer thru USB on PC2. When I print KDE testpage or doc from Kword, all is ok. If I print from an XSane scanned .tiff document, my cpu usage goes to 75% and my hub starts to indicate data transfer, although neither PC is logged on to net or each other. The printjob ends up held in que and the printer icon indicates disconected or removed (x or-). The printer is a local USB printer on PC2. Fairly sure PC1 is not involved in this. Only way to stop CP usage or LEDs on hub is to disconnect eth0.

Any ideas what's going on?

I have tried stopping some services in MCC (like NFS, SMB, etc. but it happens either way).

The command 'top' indicates about 70% cpu usage associated with my home folder. Is there some printer configuration in XSane that I missed?

Thanks