Need help with transfers from windows hd to linux

Guest RenegadeXan

Guest RenegadeXan

hi, i tried puting world of warcraft ffrom my brother hard drive to my but when i put the hard drive on my pc linux doesn't see it and when i try to share it trough lan via a ftp programs thoses crap programs doesn't worth a **** and amsn or gaim are too slow because they don't send via lan speed but normal internet speed.

any help plz??? thanks

RenegadeXan@gmail.com

Have you tried using Samba..

You got kde going type in

smb://192.X.X.X/

the ip address of the windows machine.. Using Konqueror..

Here we go we will Konquer it..

Then you will see the drives on the windows box (May have to put in a user name and password..)

Copy till your hearts content..

Guest RenegadeXan

i apreciate the help but could you be more clear please? o and plz dont give me some of thoses unreadable howto

Edit: i dont get anything everytime i try to instal something i see 10000 files and i dunno what to do what to install im completly sooooooooooooo lost and it make me REALLYY (big bombs) mad.:

ftp://ftp.oregonstate.edu/pub/kde/

Edited by RenegadeXan

apreciate the help but could you be more clear please? o and plz dont give me some of thoses unreadable howto

Edit: i dont get anything everytime i try to instal something i see 10000 files and i dunno what to do what to install im completly sooooooooooooo lost and it make me REALLYY (big bombs) mad.:

Mr Pot, I'd like to introduce you to Mr Kettle.

Start up your MCC.

Go to the installing software section.

Search for Samba.

Install:

Samba-client

Samba-common

Samba-server

Close the installing software section and go to the security section.

Disable your firewall

Close MCC

Open Konqueror.

Ctrl+L

smb://192.X.X.X/

Now you can copy the desired files.

hi, i tried puting world of warcraft ffrom my brother hard drive to my but when i put the hard drive on my pc linux doesn't see it 

does the PC itself sees the disk? if not, check the jumper settings, it might be set as a slave, coz your nix HD is already a master... then check your BIOS settings, might be that the BIOS has been set to detect only the Primary Master, try to change thus to auto, then see if the PC itself detected that HD..

then in your linux.. (u'r using mandriva right?) as root - MCC - Mounpoints - create.delete.harddisk partitions - then there you can add mount points.. that HD should be detected as HDB assuming you have an existing single HD (HDA)

It's faster this way that getting those files from network....

Guest RenegadeXan

i am the most noobish for this shit so ill prove u right now, MCC???? , as root - MCC - Mounpoints - create.delete.harddisk partitions - then there you can add mount points.. that HD should be detected as HDB assuming you have an existing single HD (HDA)?????

linux is not for me i am too noob so ill just return to windows, thanks for the help