network problem with mandriva 2006

Guest eoga

Hello I just installed mandriva 2006 and everything was ok, my wired network was working and i could connect to internet but all the problems came when i try to share my internet connection (DSL) through my wireless card (netgear) with a prism2 chip, so after i configure everything suddenly both network card didnt work anymore, I couldnt connect anymore to Internet using my wired card.

when i restart linux hang when is tryng to get up my DSL connection PPP interface for a while and then nothing is useless

I never had any problem before with this configuration using mandriva 2005 LE untill 2006.

I really would apprecciate any help.

thanks

Hello Again, well about my last post, i want to add that if I do a clean install of mandriva 2005LE everything works great, my two network cards, a wire cad and a wireless card, I can share my Internet connection through my wireless card configuring it with MCC. But everything change if i do a clean install of mandriva 2006 everything works until I add my wireless card after that looks like mandriva get crazy, my internet doesnt work anymore, i cant use my wire card nor my wireless card and i cant do anything with MCC to fix it, so i find this really weard because is the same hardware for both.

Anyone know why this happend what is doing 2005LE that is not doing 2006 or what this is doing that it shouldnt do.

Is really sad to see that with a new version of mandriva instead than fix the problems they are creating more problems breaking stuff that already were working well.

• 2 weeks later...