bill payment systems at banks [solved]

null

I've been using my banks bill payment system for a couple years now. It worked fine under FC & firefox, and also it worked fine on my win2k box with firefox.

However, now that I am on Mandriva 2006, I am getting nowhere when I try to use the payment system on any of my banks (I tried the web payments on 2 of my main banks). All I get is a screen that says I am not using a supported browser, and then it says "we support IE & Firefox". Then you get links to download IE for windows or Firefox for windows.

I don't see what the hell the diff is with firefox under mandriva or firefox under win2k. Why does win2k work and mandriva doesn't? Also, why does the same bank work with firefox and FC, but not firefox & mandriva?

[moved from Everything Linux by spinynorman]

Odd to say the least! I use firefox for on-line bill pay on 2006, as I have on 2005, and versions from 8.1. Might there be some issue with java or javascript on your system? Also see how you are handling cookies. It sounds like some "security" thing between your system and theirs.

Definitely check what arctic says. Besides, you may want to check the user-agent sent by your FF, with the "about:" url. Another member has had trouble in another (recent) thread with his/her FF because of that.

Yves.

ok, both banks bill payment systems seem to be working OK now. I'm not sure what I did though. One thing I did was to set the payment sites as "Allowed" for pop-up windows.

The only thing that bugs me now, is that one bank, although it appears to be working OK, has a long message on every screen about "your browser is not supported blah blah...". It takes up about the top third of every screen.... oh well, as long as its working OK now, who am I to complain...

thanks