console / file manager

aze

Hey!

I have installed endeavour2. But itsn't so easy to manage files/folders as an "explorer.exe" I defined mimetypes but to run rpm's I need to use conqueror/nautilus because I don't know what is the command line to install those packages.

I'l be sincere: I don't know too much about linux but endeavour is not an easy to use file manager. I don't know... its interface is not free... not cool... it sux!

Endeavour should have an integration with consoles.. For example: in explorer I just left click in a folder and choose "Prompt here" then it opens a "console" starting in that folder (I dont need cd.. cd.. cd.. cd.. .....). In explorer I can perform lots of tasks using just the keyb. Endeavour don't let me to delete a file wich woner is root (but I can delete it via console as non-root user)

Please, let me know If you know a better filemanager than endeavour (note I'm looking for filemanager - not a desktop)

Is possible to create a link to gnome terminal start in a specified folder?

Hey!

Is possible to create a link to gnome terminal start in a specified folder?

Look at the original Gnome Terminal link on your menu bar. If you don't have one, then rightclick on menu bar and create a launcher from menu.

You will see the command to execute is the terminal command with some options. Here's mine..

/usr/bin/gnome-terminal --window-withprofile=mryan --geometry=120x50

If you open a console and do a gnome-terminal --help | more you will get a list of available options..

To ansswer your question

gnome-terminal --working-directory=/usr/lib

nonfodder: www.freshmeat.net

WOw! This is what I was looking for !!! A good page have only programs for linux! thank you!

beesea: rox-filer

Good! I'll try this one!

I'll be sincere with you guys: I'll only back to use linux in one week. For now I'm tired of linux policy. Next week I will return to linux happier because I know I have new programs (that you suggested) to test!

thank you guys!